Ubuntu : Mount a volume with ROOT privileges

ubuntu

My system is having multiple internal hard disks and due to some memory concerns I have to work on the second drive(hdd2). Then on visiting "/mnt/hdd2", I found entire drive  is protected by root. To change the privileges, I tried the normal way:
sudo chmod 755 /mnt/hdd2
Result : NO CHANGE.
Then tried
sudo chmod a+x /mnt/hdd2
Result : NO CHANGE.
No I googled I find:
sudo chmod -R 755 /mnt/hdd2
Result : To my surprise NO CHANGE
Here is the solution:
sudo chown -R chaithanya:chaithanya /mnt/hdd2
Result : SUCCESS ('chaithanya' is the username).

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Labels

Featured Post (TOP)

Flickr Images

Follow Me on Facebook.com

Follow on Google+

Recent Posts

AD (728x60)

Pages

Powered by Blogger.

Labels

Followers

Popular Posts

Popular Posts

Subscribe Via Email

Sign up for our newsletter, and well send you news and tutorials on web design, coding, business, and more! You'll also receive these great gifts: